Here is a quick overview of what you will need to know when sending your child to Camp. More detailed information can be found on the parent information page.
General Packing List
Most programs your child comes to will need the following:
- One-piece swimsuit
- Closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable athletic clothing
- Bug repellent
- Water bottle
- Sack lunch (day camp only)
- Backpack to carry all these items
Drop Off & Pick Up
- Explorer Day Camp | Monday morning check-in starts at 8:15am in East Field which is near our baseball diamond. You will need to walk your camper to the check-in tables and then you will be able to walk your child to the appropriate shelter. Tuesday through Friday you may just drop off your camper if you wish and he or she can walk to their assigned shelter. Drop off ends at 9:00am. If you are dropping off after 9:00am, please head to the office.
Pick up for Explorer Day Camp starts at 4:00pm, and you may head to the camper's shelter with your driver's license.
- Journey Day Camp | Every day you may drop your child off to the West of our Chapel. Drop off for this program starts at 8:15am, and after 9:00am you can head one building to the East to drop off at the office.
Pick up starts at 4:00pm at the same place. Please have your drivers license ready.
- REZ (Overnight) | Check-in starts at 9:15am on our Dining Hall lawn.
Pick up starts at 12:00pm
Camper Communication (Overnight Programs)
If you wish to communicate with your child while he or she is here at camp, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please limit your e-mails to one family e-mail per day and include your child's name and cabin in the subject line.
Another great way to communicate with your overnight camper is to drop off or send letters and/or packages. Our staff will deliver any items received in the office at dinner on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Items received after 3:00pm will be delivered the next day. We recommend limiting packages to a shirt or shoebox-size due to package quantities. Due to the severity of food allergies, Camp Manitoqua would like to encourage that you do not send food in care packages.
Please do not send a cell phone with your child.