With our new cabins, we will be able to house larger groups who want to use our grounds. We will be able to house more summer campers for overnight camps. We will be able to spread the love of Jesus Christ and continue to be a light for Him in the Chicagoland area.
A project like this is our top priority because it will not only enhance the camping experience but will allow for us to scale and reach more people!
We desire Manitoqua to be a place where people of all ages come for spiritual renewal, fellowship, and fun, or simply a quiet reprieve from the hectic pace of everyday life. It is our hope to build a spiritual, strong, and lasting RENEWAL COMMUNITY & LEGACY, making a lasting positive difference in the lives of campers.
Would you help us make this DREAM become a REALITY?
Laura Vroom | Executive Director | Camp Manitoqua and Retreat Center
There are 3 EASY ways to donate –
- Make a quick one-time donation
- Become a regular monthly partner
- Mail a check payable to Manitoqua Ministries to 8122 W. Sauk Trail, Frankfort, IL 60423
60 years ago, Camp Manitoqua became a light for the Chicagoland area
- In 1958...all the cabins were completed costing $30,000 (without heat).
Before the cabins, campers stayed in tents on our grounds.
- In 1967...already running out of space in our cabins, the dining hall basement and upstairs chapel wings were finished to make more retreat room.
- In 1969...year-round, overnight retreats became a reality when the heat was installed in all the cabins.
- In 1993...the Adult Retreat Center and the Oaks were completed to offer more options for adult retreats.
- In 2017...air conditioning units were installed in the cabins.